STARTING PROBLEM

Toyota Camry

Camichae

May, 28, 2006 AT 10:51 PM

My daughter came to me and said her 1995 camry was over heating, So I went and looked at it and the top of the radiator had a 3" split in it. Replaced it and the car ran fine. The next day I replaced the oil pan gasket. I started the vehicle as you would normally after a oil change and then added the rest of the oil. Tried to start it and it would not start. I let it sit for about 2 mins tried again and it fired up. My daughter left and within 40 mins or so she called, said the motor sputtered and then died. We had it towed back to the house and replaced the fuel filter and the fuel pump and stil we are unable to start it. We tested the ignition pack and 2 wires are hot out of 3. Could this be our starting issue? [/B]

losone

May, 30, 2006 AT 5:54 PM

Did the stalling set a check engine light?

It sounds like you may have a coil pack problem. Explain 2 wires are hot out of three. Let me know

Camichae

May, 31, 2006 AT 7:13 AM

My brother in law tested the wires on the ignition modual and that was what wires were not hot, we did take that unit down and have it tested and it was infact bad. I was thinking maybe this is a case of bad gas? Could the fuel injectors be clogged? Looks to me like that is not an easy fix. And yes the Check engine light is on now.

losone

May, 31, 2006 AT 7:55 AM

Ignition modules will do exactly was has happened to your car. It is most important to find out what codes the cars computer has set before an effective repair can be accomplished.

Camichae

May, 31, 2006 AT 5:10 PM

We are being told that the reason it will not start is due to the fact the gas is 90% water. We took it to a toyota dealership and they said no codes came up on the diagnostic machine. So they said with new gas and cleaning out the old that should help. Thanks for the info.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right