CAR WONT START

Toyota Camry

smitty50385

September, 26, 2007 AT 6:08 PM

I started my car (1999 Toyota Camry 148,250 miles, 4 cylinder) tonight and heard a gurgling noise (like someone blowing bubbles underwater). I didn't think anything of it because once I accelerated onto the road the noise stopped. I got about 250 yards down the road and the temp gauge jumped all the way up above H. The car did not seize up but just basically shut down. I checked the oil and it was fine, gas tank was 1/2 full. The coolant looked to be empty. When I got home I noticed a puddle where I had been parked and a trail of liquid all the way down my driveway. The car wont start now at all. I added water just to see if it would start and it won't. The car did not seize up, it just wont turn over. Also, the puddle in the driveway had no odor. Any ideas? Thanks!

mhpautos

September, 26, 2007 AT 6:16 PM

Hi there,

You will have to pressure test the cooling system to see where the leak is coming from, and I would do an engine compression test as well. These engines often blow the head gasket between the cylinderswhen over heated due to head warpage. The lack of compression is the most comon cause for no start in this case.

September, 26, 2007 AT 6:17 PM

Try this disconnect a plugwire or 2 ground it to the engine crank it over do you have spark-if so. Put the wire back-now crank engine over again and listen to the injector/s are they clicking or do you smell fuel vapor around you.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang