NOISE

Toyota Camry

johnh854

August, 19, 2007 AT 10:46 AM

I have a 1998 Camry 4 cyl with 120000 miles on it. I have recently replaced the rear struts because I was getting clunking type noise (sounds like metal to metal contact) coming from the rear of the car. This did not fix my problem. It happens all the time. If you go over a bump or imperfection in the road. Are there bushings that could be the issue? Thanks in advance of any information you can get to me.

dsplc

August, 20, 2007 AT 1:31 AM

Hi! I have a 99 Camry. Problem same as yours but in the right front. I changed the front struts with a new one but used the old top rubber mount. Still the same. Clunking type noise over a bump or imperfection on the road on the right front. All along it was the top rubber mount where the top of the coil springs seats. After removing the new struts again and installing a new top rubber mount. The clunking noise disappeared.
I do not know if it will be the same in the rear of your camry.

Replacing Your Front Struts Like a Pro
Safely Replace Your Rear Struts
Shock Replacement - Front Chevrolet Silverado
Air Shock Replacement Mercedes Benz S Class
Leaf-Spring Squeak Repair - All Cars
Sway Bar Link Replacement Chevrolet Silverado