GRAYISH EXHAUST SMOKE ON ENGINE STARTUP

• carroll101
  • Toyota Camry

My 2002 Toyota Camery 4 cylinder with 77,000 miles emits a rather large cloud of greyish white smoke at or a few seconds after staring the engine, after it has sat a few hours. It is very noticable starting the engine in the morning and after work. I back out of the driveway through a cloud of smoke. Otherwise, the engine seems to run fine with no leaks found on the driveway, and no sign that it overheats after running a while. I live in a hot and humid climate, so there is a lot of water on the driveway after coming home from work. Also I've noticed the AC compressor or AC component seems to make a small rattling noise when the car is idleing. Like maybe a bearing problem. It seems to rattle whey the return air is on and the compressor? Cycles on and off. Not sure if this has anything to do with the smoke.

Tuesday, September 18th, 2007 AT 10:39 PM

• Buzzsaw

Valve stem seals, its oil burning, changing the oil on a toyota on time is cridical, 3 months or 3000 mil

Friday, September 21st, 2007 AT 11:20 PM