CHILD SAFTEY LOCK

• EdVir
  • Toyota Camry

I have a 1997 Toyota Camry LE V6 and one of the rear passenger doors will not open from inside the car. I believe that the child safety switch on the door is not being set to allow it to open. Is there a way I can fix the child safety lock switch?

Saturday, May 26th, 2007 AT 9:49 PM

• M_H_RITZEL

After opening the door from the outside look by where the weather stripping is, there should be a switch there that you can change from child proofing to regular operation, most cars have them locatied on the same side as the striker bar.

-1
Sunday, May 27th, 2007 AT 12:09 PM
  • EdVir

I know where the switch is and have moved it to lock to unlock numerous times -- I still can not open the door from inside the cars. Is there a simple way to fix this problem without having to take the door apart?

+1
Sunday, May 27th, 2007 AT 9:00 PM
  • rasmataz

Nope there's no shortcut to it-you need to open the panel and figure the locking mechanism to unlock it. There's is no reset to the child safety lock.

Sunday, May 27th, 2007 AT 10:24 PM