CHILD SAFTEY LOCK

Toyota Camry

EdVir

May, 26, 2007 AT 9:49 PM

I have a 1997 Toyota Camry LE V6 and one of the rear passenger doors will not open from inside the car. I believe that the child safety switch on the door is not being set to allow it to open. Is there a way I can fix the child safety lock switch?

Heater Door Won't Open

Rear Door Will Not Open

M_H_RITZEL

May, 27, 2007 AT 12:09 PM

After opening the door from the outside look by where the weather stripping is, there should be a switch there that you can change from child proofing to regular operation, most cars have them locatied on the same side as the striker bar.

EdVir

May, 27, 2007 AT 9:00 PM

I know where the switch is and have moved it to lock to unlock numerous times -- I still can not open the door from inside the cars. Is there a simple way to fix this problem without having to take the door apart?

May, 27, 2007 AT 10:24 PM

Nope there's no shortcut to it-you need to open the panel and figure the locking mechanism to unlock it. There's is no reset to the child safety lock.

Dynamat Door Installation
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner