Car won't crank

• 1 POST

1996 toyota camry, 178,500, 4cylinder

I cranked my toyota camry after work and drove for about 15 minutes to pick something up. When I attempted to crank it would not crank. When I opened the door the dome light was on and when I initially turned to key to crank, the radio and other dash lights appeared, however, when I continued to crank there was one little click and then everything went dead. No dome lights or nothing. My battery connection was tight and without corrosion, however, I could turn the connection with pressure. When I did this, I obtained dome lights and stuff again, however, when attempted to crank, the same thing would happened. Attempted to have another vehicle jump-start me, no luck. Looked at fuses, especially the alternator/starter fuse, was fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wednesday, November 28th, 2007 AT 9:17 PM

The positive side on the battery and check the terminal
You need to remove and clean the terminals both
Pay more attention to the + side it has another connection on it about an inch away from the battery make sure it s clean and if you r to jump it make sure you r getting good connection
Turn head light on get the jump watch head light get brighter when you make a good connection
Then shut light off and try to start

and if the battery old just replace it

Good luck

Wednesday, November 28th, 2007 AT 10:22 PM