Bad ignition and stalling problem in my Toyota Camry

• 4 POSTS

This is to just to add on the string of messages that I had posted earlier about the hot starting and ignition problem in my toyota camry 1995 car.

Now after struggling with that same problem of stalling and ignition even after putting the new distributor and getting it diagnosed here and there and then putting the new EFI relay hasnt solved the problem.

Then finally got checked and diagnosed with toyota dealer, they diagnosed it that my car that is 1195 toyota camrry needs original toyota distributor and would not be able to run with the distributor that I bought from auto zone.
Now has taken me for surprise how far it is true since I have life long warrant with auto zone. But toyota people are saying that my car would only run with the original distributor.
Please advise me on this as I really dont know how far is this true.

I am looking forward to hear from you guys

Thursday, August 16th, 2007 AT 10:14 PM

I dealt with this before, I remember

Are they any code/s popping up -

Why don't you get the dealer to prove it, and be right there every steps of the way to confirm it.

When it fires up let it run for 1/2 hr. Right there and observe-DO NOT LEAVE THE SHOP TILL YOUR SATISFIED- if you do, you got another thing coming.

Good Luck

Sunday, August 19th, 2007 AT 7:23 PM