Re-programming Door Locks

CJTOD
  • 2005 TOYOTA CAMRY

Electrical problem - 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 62000 miles

Of our two 2005 Camry's, the auto door locks quit on all four doors on one car after a wreck and repairs were mad. On the other Camry, the rear door locks quit unlocking going into gear and unlocking in park. Could this be just a programming issue with the cars. Two identical cars auto door locks stopped after 50,000 miles. A coincidence or known problem? If this is a program issue can you explain how we can reprogram ourselves?

Monday, July 19th, 2010 AT 8:42 PM

CJTOD

Just found this information. Hope it helps all the others that asked the same thing.

When the battery is disconnected, the ADL mode returns to the default setting (Mode A). The following procedure must be used to set the ADL function to Mode B whenever the battery has been disconnected.

Initialization Procedure
Perform the following procedure to initialize the ADL function to Mode B.
1. Move the shift lever into the "P" position and close all doors. 2. Turn the ignition switch to the "ON" position. 3. Within 10 seconds after the ignition switch is turned to the "ON" position, push and hold the rear side (unlock position) of the door lock switch for 5 seconds. 4. All doors will automatically lock and unlock when you release the power door lock switch. This indicates that the ADL function is set to Mode B. If all doors do not lock and unlock, the time the switch was held may have been too short or too long. Perform the procedure over again starting from step 1.

-2
Monday, July 19th, 2010 AT 8:57 PM
.22 M.R.F.
  • 2005 TOYOTA CAMRY

If the door unlock function is pressed on the remote only the driver's door will unlock. Also will not unlock by inserting the key in the driver's door lock and turning it twice. Will not open by pressing the Door Lock control on the driver's door or any other door. Each lock has to be manually unlocked from inside the auto. Where do I need to look? I surely will appreciate it. Thank You!
Sam.

Tuesday, February 21st, 2017 AT 3:10 PM (Merged)
ASEMASTER6371

The remote may have to be re programmed. The dealer can do it for you.

.22 M.R.F.

If the remote was the only method that did not operate the locks I would agree that a re-program would be in order. But, since the Key nor the lock switch inside will unlock the other three doors I'm skeptical of the remote being out of program. I do appreciate your reply and suggestion but I need more please. Thank you!