1998 TOYOTA CAMRY WONT START

• X_shadower_x
  • 1998 TOYOTA CAMRY

1998 Toyota Camry 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 121000 miles

So I'm trying to start my 1998 camry. I was having problems earlier this year with it starting I replaced the battery and it was just fine. I went on deployment for 2 months and had my nieghbor start it for me when I was gone. Said it started up no problem 2 weeks before I got back. Now it wont start so I just went ahead and replaced the battery no big deal. Still not working. When I put key in ign car comes one (Lights, clock, radio, etc.) But when I turn it to start clock on dash either dims so much I cant see it or its gone. I Alrdy took the starter to AutoZone to get it tested and it was just fine. The starter fuse 5A looked fine. Should I T/S the Starter Relay Switch or is there somewhere else I could go? Id appreciate any suggestions, thanks.

Wednesday, August 20th, 2008 AT 10:45 PM

• KHLow2008

Hi x_shadower_x,

Thank you for the donation.

Did you test the new battery voltage? Did you try jump starting and does it help?

Other things to check would be
1. Battery terminals. Clean them well and tighten securely.
2. Ground cables, from battery to transmission.
3. Ignition switch.

Thursday, August 21st, 2008 AT 1:43 PM
  • X_shadower_x

Aparently my alarm system had something to disable my starter. I disabled my alarm and it fired right up. Thanks for you help.

Sunday, August 24th, 2008 AT 9:18 PM