1998 Toyota Camry Tail lights

KALVINB
  • 1998 TOYOTA CAMRY
I have a 4cyl Camry that has a tail light problem. I have replaced the bulbs and yet will not work. I have brake lights and hazzared yellow lights.

Does anyone have any ideals.
Sunday, February 25th, 2007 AT 9:22 PM

CHEVYII
What lights arent working exactly and have you replaced the buls in those locations

thanks
jim
Sunday, February 25th, 2007 AT 9:24 PM
KALVINB
The Tail Lights. The Lights that turn on when you turn on your head lights.
Sunday, February 25th, 2007 AT 9:30 PM
CHEVYII
The bulb sockets go bad sometimes, do you have a test light, if so you can turn the running lights on and pull the bulbs and check for power and check the sockets for corrsion or melting and check all fuses, if you come up with nothing I will go as far as we need to

thanks jim

oh and leave some feedback if you were happy with your help, we all donate our time here helping others free of charge
Sunday, February 25th, 2007 AT 9:34 PM
KALVINB
Jim I have checked all the fuses and they are good. But I don't know which fues is for the back lights.
Monday, February 26th, 2007 AT 4:34 AM
CHEVYII
Ok check in your owmers manual or on the back of the fuse box cover, if all are good I would start checking sockets and let me know from there

jim
Monday, February 26th, 2007 AT 8:42 AM
If No power when H/L switch On at the bulb socket with a test lite better check for a tail lite relay Toys use them. Also for a disconnected wiring connector between the dash and the bulbs.

Power @ bulb socket- You got brake lites that means the ground is okay
Monday, February 26th, 2007 AT 3:05 PM
KALVINB
I think there maybe a relay switch BUT they are not labled the same way as american cars. Would you know what it would be labled and the location of the relay. There are some under the hood and some located on the drivers side. It is hard to test a relay because some time you can't test them with a ohms meter because the relay is not open to get a reading.
Monday, February 26th, 2007 AT 4:44 PM
Its somewhere in the driver's area under the Inst. Panel
Monday, February 26th, 2007 AT 6:54 PM