1995 Toyota Camry Master switch

DANIE2U
  • 1995 TOYOTA CAMRY
Hi, I have a problem with my driver side window switch, I can lock all the doors and I can stop all the other windows from opening with the lock feature. All the other windows open and close on there own but I can't open my window or any of the other windows from the master switch. I thought it was the master switch so I changed it and good thing it was burnt on the inside I bought an after market replacement and it works the door locks and the window lock, my old burnt out switch did the same things. Can you help?
Thursday, June 5th, 2008 AT 6:17 PM

KHLOW2008
Hi danie2u,

The last part of your question is rather confusing.

Do you mean to say the new master switch also cannot operate the other windows?

The master switch can be used to stop current supply from going to the other windows but operating them is a separate circuit.

Since you said the old master switch was burnt, you need to check the wires and connectors.

You need to check for a separate fuse for the driver door window.
Friday, June 6th, 2008 AT 9:07 AM
DANIE2U
HI AND THANKS FOR YOU QUICK RESPONSE. I'M SORRY FOR NOT EXPLANING MYSELF BETTER, BUT YES THE NEW MASTER SWITCH I PUT IN DOESN'T WORK ANY OF THE WINDOWS JUST THE DOOR LOCKS AND IT STOPS THE OTHER WINDOWS FROM OPENING IF I PUSH THE LOCK WINDOW FEATURE. YOU SAID I MIGHT NEED TO CHECK A SEPARATE FUSE, CAN YOU TELL WHICH ONE AND WHERE IT IS LOCATED. I KNOW I SAID MY OLD MASTER SWITCH WAS BURNT BUT THIS DIDNT EFFECT ANY OF THE WIRES IT JUST BURNT ON THE INSIDE
Friday, June 6th, 2008 AT 11:38 AM
KHLOW2008
Hi danie2u,

Check under the bonnet main fuse box.

Check also the main switch main current supply.
Saturday, June 7th, 2008 AT 6:09 AM
DANIE2U
I have found the problem it was the wire harness between the driver door I spliced them together and everything works find. Thanks so much
Saturday, June 7th, 2008 AT 4:15 PM