1993 TOYOTA CAMRY FUEL PUMP PROBLEMS

• daviddlw1
  • 1993 Toyota Camry

1993 Toyota Camry 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 175000 miles

my car would not start so the first thing I done was to check the fuel pump. I tried listning to see if I could hear the fuel pump under my back seat and through the gas filler cap but when I turn key to on on car I could not hear the fuel pump engaging. I took fuel pump out of car and tested it and the pump was bad. I purchased a nother fuel pump and tested it before I installed it and it operated great. But when I tried to start the car it would not start. I done what I did befor by listning for the pump to engage when key turn to on but did not hear pump engage. I took pump out again and tested it the pump worked great. I tried testing the pump out of the gas tank by having it hook up and turning car to on and the pump would not engage. So I guess the problem has to be in the fuse or relays so I tested the fuses and all fuses tested good, my car book said to check the efi main relay and the circuit open relay. I put in another efi relay but I did not see the circuit open relay. The book showed it on the fire wall in the middle next to the vacum sensor. The vacum sensor I saw but there was no circuit open relay on the firewall. Can you tell me where this relay is or is it my relays?

Monday, April 12th, 2010 AT 7:55 PM

• rasmataz

Hi daviddlw1, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

In the check connector jumper Fp to Batt turn key on the fuel pump should come on-let me know so we can continue.

Also do this when above is done: At the airflow meter block the flap wide open and attempt to start-

Note: The airflow meter has to ground the circuit opening relay in order to power up the fuel pump.

-1
Tuesday, April 13th, 2010 AT 6:13 AM
  • daviddlw1

The advise you gave for my fuel pump worked great. Now my fuel pump is operating correctly and my car starts right up. Thanks

Thursday, April 15th, 2010 AT 7:56 PM
  • 2CarPros Linsey

Hi daviddlw1, good to hear you got your camry working. Thank you for using 2CarPros. Com. We appreciate your donation and look forward to helping you in the future.

Tuesday, April 20th, 2010 AT 1:20 PM