ELECTRICAL PROBLEM1992 TOYOTA CAMRY 4 CYL FRONT...

1992 Toyota Camry

ted pralter

September, 24, 2010 AT 5:40 PM

1992 Toyota Camry 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 120000 miles

I have a 1992 camry w 120000 odo miles. To solve starting and engine stalling problem, the fuel regulator, damper, water temperature sensor, fuel filter, fuel pump was replaced. Problem remains the same. So I replaced the TPS to no avail. Luckily I was able to return it w refund. I suspected the MAP sensor and by tinkering w it I discovered that it will start and continually run ok with the vacuum hose not attached to the MAP sensor and engine dies when I connect it. I try to drive it around the block and after 30 minutes with d engine hot, the engine dies and WILL NOT START. After about 8 hours with engine cold IT START again (All this time while the MAP sensor vac hose is unplug). I tried another MAP sensor from another good running 92 camry and the problem is the same. Kindly help how to approach this problems sans taking the car towed to a toyota shop and setting my small banks account pummelled.

merlin2021

September, 24, 2010 AT 8:24 PM

Is your check engine light on? Also it sounds temperature related? Try a new ECT(engine coolant temp sensor). Your may be called a CTS, coolant temp sensor, these act as chokes for fuel injection.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right