4-RUNNER OVERHEATING

Toyota 4Runner

toyota disaster

April, 23, 2007 AT 5:35 AM

I have a 1989 toyota 4-runner, 6cyl. 3.0 liter w/about 160,000miles. I have replaced the thermastat twice and the raditor keeps sucking the fluid somewhere in the engine and i'm seeing alot of white smoke coming out of my exhast. It is still overheating and I am wondering if my problem are my head gaskets bad? It has taken the rest of my money for this month to try to get my problem fixed. Any kind of help or advice you could offer would be greatly appreated.
Sincerley,
toyota disaster

M_H_RITZEL

April, 23, 2007 AT 9:52 PM

Take the vehicle to a garage and have them do a pressure check on the cooling system. That would tell you whether there is a blown head gasket or any other problem.

walter5550

December, 14, 2007 AT 9:22 AM

Very obvious the head gasket is blown.
The white smoke through the exhaust is in fact steam from water running through the engine 's combustion chambers.

Only help is to fix the head gasket.

What was the cause for overheating, full throttle driving or hard terrain works?
Find the cause and stop bothering afterwards.
Good luck

M_H_RITZEL

How does the truck run? Does it have a miss? Most likelyit it is a blown head gasket but a compresson check would see where the problem is, if it has a miss there could be a other problem.

Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230