TIMING BELT - HOW MUCH $$ TO REPLACE?

2002 Toyota 4Runner

arasner

December, 20, 2006 AT 1:47 PM

So I dont get taken to the woodshed on this maintenance work, my car is approaching the 90,000 mile timing belt replacement.

Is this a maintenance item I should do right at 90k or can it wait?

How much should I expect to pay for this at a reputable dealership or toyota authorized repair center?

Also, is there anything else I should consider doing while they do the work to get to the timing belt?

Any other hoses, belts or pumps to consider replacing?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

carundell

December, 21, 2006 AT 3:40 AM

Hey arasner
Its very hard to get you a price for any type of work. I will say you have to place your trust in a reputable shop (local or dealership) bear in mind dealerships have bigtime overhead and charge substantially more in labor costs to cover this. And being a local business man I'm partial to them, but its all about trust.
Recommended replacement parts for the timing belt would be: Water pump (a must!), Hoses, if look worn, belts, if cracked, t-stat, a must! I wouldn't wait to much longer for the work. I'm not sure of the maint. Time frame for that vehicle but your gettin' close! Let us know!

Chris

Step by Step Timing Belt Replacement Guide
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue
Serpentine Belt Replacement
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz