1992 Toyota 4Runner stalls while driving

DADAX
  • 1992 TOYOTA 4RUNNER
1992 Toyota 4Runner 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic

Last night car stalled 5 times within 10 minutes of driving. Maybe I should say quit, (no sputering or fluctuation in performance).I'd have to wait over a minute before it would start again.
This morning I drove to work (20min.) Didn't stall. It's done this before (stalled at night but not in the daytime.) Started doing this a few weeks ago. I did have it stall during the day only once after driving it for some time(maybe an hour). That was a few weeks ago.
I've changed fuel filter, air filter plugs, and checked the efi relay which read wrong but the haynes manual I have doesn't show the exact same relay diagram. I checked the circuit opening relay and there was no continuity between STA and E1. (I'm not very electrically minded).
I thought it might be the lights but the ac was on too.I turned it all off and started driving in the dark but it still quit after 2 to 3 minutes. Help.
Friday, November 28th, 2008 AT 8:14 AM

KHLOW2008
Hi dadax,

Thank you for the donation.

Seems you are having a power supply interruption causing the stalling and inability to immediately restart.

Are the dash light showing when the engine stalled?
Did you test if there were sparks while cranking?
Friday, November 28th, 2008 AT 9:24 AM
DADAX
Yes the dash lights stay on when it quits. There is no spark when it's stalled. It's happenning more and more. As the engine warms up. So now what/
Friday, November 28th, 2008 AT 10:11 AM