WON'T START

1991 Toyota 4Runner

kemp_rob

February, 15, 2006 AT 6:24 PM

Hi. I have a 1991 Toyota 4runner V6 and I was driving it alot this past weekend because I was moving and then I went outside this morning and it wouldn't start. The engine is cranking but will not turn over or fire? Any suggestions on what the problem may be?

fisherman

February, 16, 2006 AT 9:14 AM

Did you check for spark on the spark plugs?

Is the gas pump working? (You can uncap the gas tank and tell somebody to crank the car, you will be able to " hear" the pump)

kemp_rob

February, 16, 2006 AT 11:59 AM

Well I know this sounds stupid, but I am an idiot when it comes to cars, I do you know where abouts the plugs will be on truck?

fisherman

February, 16, 2006 AT 2:51 PM

Another question: how was running before?
The " check engine light" didn t come on?
It was surging?
Hard start before?
When was the last time you tuned up?

Its very strange that didn t start all sudenly.

kemp_rob

February, 16, 2006 AT 3:28 PM

It was running well before with no problems with start up, I havent hada tune up for a little while, and then my wife reminded me the last time I was driving it when I turned the truck off it kinda shuttered like it didn't want to shut off. I tried it again today and it still wont go so I talked to a few guys who thinks its a fuel pump problem, would you guys agree, and what is that going to run me to repair it?

fisherman

February, 16, 2006 AT 4:41 PM

If the problem its the pump you should be sure abou it check the prices here:

kemp_rob

February, 20, 2006 AT 9:36 PM

How do I find the spark plugs on my 4runner? Are they on the right hand side of the engine (looking at towards the engine) under a rubber cover? There are 6 plugs going into which I think is the distributor cap, do I remove this to see if I am getting a spark to see if it is the gas pump?

fisherman

February, 20, 2006 AT 9:55 PM

Follow those wires every one of them should go to a spark plug.
Remove one of them and remove the spark plug, place the spark plug with the wire connected to it to a safe place on any metal surface and crank the engine. You will need someone to help you that way you can crank shortly the engine, you will be able to se a spark on the plug if so. You have a good spark on your engine.
Did you ear the pump starting?

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test