4 runner, no injector Pulse

BATOSAI69
  • TOYOTA 4RUNNER
I have a 90 4 runner 22re, was running fine then developed a nasty oil leak but still ran good. Parked it that same day and it sat during the winter months. Went out to move it and it would not start. Found that it had no injector pulse, I have checked all the fuses and related relays I can find and everything else seems ok. I was able to pull a tps related code earlier from it. When I went out this evening to verify which code it was the computer would not give me anything. I'm running out of options since theres no sense in rebuilding the engine until I figure out why it won't start now.I was trying to make a new computer my last option but thats where I seem to be at now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Wednesday, July 25th, 2007 AT 10:26 PM

Check the power resistor that's the one that powers it, then the ECM grounds it thru circuits 10/20

Good lUck
-1
Thursday, July 26th, 2007 AT 5:02 PM
BATOSAI69
Could you be a little more specific as to where this is located as the manual is more or less useless. Thanks
+1
Thursday, July 26th, 2007 AT 6:57 PM
Disregard the power resistor, disconnect each injector connector check for battery power on the red/black and also on the distributor harness-Do you have it? If not check the ignition fuse/relay.
Thursday, July 26th, 2007 AT 7:25 PM
KIN CHAN
NOW U ARE MAKING SENSE RAS.I see u've got it under ctrl.I'll shut my mouth n be a cowboy. But yall won't be my cowgirl for sure. Heh heh heh heh
+1
Thursday, July 26th, 2007 AT 7:44 PM
BATOSAI69
Thanks alot i'll check that next
Friday, July 27th, 2007 AT 5:53 PM
BATOSAI69
So I checked all four injectors with the key on and they are all hot on both sides. Whats the deal?
+1
Sunday, July 29th, 2007 AT 6:38 PM
You might have a problem in the quad driver in the ECM circuit 10/20 to include E2
+1
Monday, July 30th, 2007 AT 12:42 AM
BATOSAI69
So then whats the deal. New ecm?
Thursday, August 2nd, 2007 AT 5:43 PM
It depends on your diagnostics-did you test the 2 wires going to the injectors while ECM is disconnected for a short to each other-if they're you need to track it. Changing the ECM will not do you good. If not touching together-then we can asume its the ECM. That's the one that powers it On and Off.

BTW do you have spark? If not it could get complicated if the ECM don't get the Ne/G/Igt signals it will not fire up the injectors-However the wires to the injectors are both Hot, when not suppose to. You need to find out could be an injector solenoid that can be dragging down the rest that involves the injection system.

GoodLuck
Thursday, August 2nd, 2007 AT 6:27 PM
BATOSAI69
Yes I do have good spark. The only issue is the sudden loss of injector pulse. And yes I did have the computer disconnected for sometime and the reinstalled and found that it would give me no codes when connecting the 2 diagnostic terminals.E1 and te1 I believe they are. Thanks in advance for any help
Saturday, August 4th, 2007 AT 7:02 PM
Okay-go find the power resistor it powers the injectors and the computer provides the grounding to turn it On and Off.

You got me thinking here-

You said you have power on both pins at the injector connector. It tells me that the white/red or the white is touching the blue or yellow wire coming from the resistor. That's the only way to get power at both.
+1
Saturday, August 4th, 2007 AT 8:15 PM
BATOSAI69
Can u tell me where the resistor is located as the elec. Diagram in the maual sucks. Thanks
Sunday, August 5th, 2007 AT 5:45 PM
If its not on the pax side on the fender, it has 2-big connectors on it, it doesn't come with it. You gonna have to test out the EFI and Circuit Opening relays.
-1
Sunday, August 5th, 2007 AT 7:56 PM
BATOSAI69
So since it was rebuilt 3 times by the same place before I was with the owner it developed a huge oil leak on the drivers side front of the engine so im gonna rebuild it anyway. Whats the feasabilitiy of just rippin out the ecu and goin with a carb intake and a weber cuttin out the airflow meter, injection, and egr all together?
+1
Sunday, August 5th, 2007 AT 9:01 PM
Its a lot of work to do if I were you follow an 87 model on its fuel/ignition system set up.

Good LUck!
Sunday, August 5th, 2007 AT 10:46 PM