HUMMING NOISE

2004 Suzuki Aerio

sethheil

April, 1, 2009 AT 10:41 PM

Noises problem
2004 Suzuki Aerio 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 70000 miles

I have a 2004 Suzuki Aerio sx w/70000 miles on it. I have a loud humming noise coming from the rear I believe on the right. Recently I have heard that it could be the wheel bearing, but I was also told that it could be a cv joint. I have looked at the cv joints and the boots are in good condition. I have also heard that bad cv joints usually have a clunking noise associated with them, whereas bearings usually have humming noise associated with them. This leads me to believe that it is a bearing. I am hoping that it is just a bearing since it would be an easier and cheaper repair. I really could use an expert opinion on this. Thanks!

Dave H

April, 7, 2009 AT 7:08 PM

Sounds like this could be the bearing. Jack up the suspect wheel and place your hands at the top and bottom of the tyre and see if there is any play by rocking back and forth !

Oil Change & Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Engine Oil Change and Filter Honda Element