WHINING UPON ACCELERATION FROM 0 MPH

2004 Suzuki Aerio

csanchorage

August, 18, 2011 AT 6:16 AM

I have a 2004 Suzuki Aerio AWD which I have maintained according to the owner's manual. It has 58,800 mi and I had the 60,000 maintenance done very recently. Before and after maintenance I noticed the car has started to make a whining (whirring?) Noise when accelerating from a start--something new. What could be wrong? It's been a great car since day 1. Thanks!

merlin2021

August, 18, 2011 AT 8:34 AM

Did you bring up your concern to the dealer at 60,000 mile service? Could be as simple as a worn serpentine belt.

csanchorage

August, 18, 2011 AT 11:55 AM

Thank you for mentioning this. No, I went to an independent mechanic whose work is reliable and he did the maintenance according to the manual. Apart from the belt, are there other problems this sound might indicate? My husband's thoughts went directly to the transmission as the culprit, but I hope not. I can say that our air conditioner is no longer putting out cold air--not sure if there would be a connection there or not. It may just need a re-charge. Thanks!

merlin2021

August, 18, 2011 AT 12:31 PM

My advice is go to the shop a and have the guy drive it while you are in the car to point out the sound.

Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Engine Oil Change and Filter BMW 5 Series
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear