WHINING UPON ACCELERATION FROM 0 MPH

• csanchorage
  • 2004 Suzuki Aerio
  • AWD
  • automatic

I have a 2004 Suzuki Aerio AWD which I have maintained according to the owner's manual. It has 58,800 mi and I had the 60,000 maintenance done very recently. Before and after maintenance I noticed the car has started to make a whining (whirring?) Noise when accelerating from a start--something new. What could be wrong? It's been a great car since day 1. Thanks!

Thursday, August 18th, 2011 AT 6:16 AM

• merlin2021

Did you bring up your concern to the dealer at 60,000 mile service? Could be as simple as a worn serpentine belt.

Thursday, August 18th, 2011 AT 8:34 AM
  • csanchorage

Thank you for mentioning this. No, I went to an independent mechanic whose work is reliable and he did the maintenance according to the manual. Apart from the belt, are there other problems this sound might indicate? My husband's thoughts went directly to the transmission as the culprit, but I hope not. I can say that our air conditioner is no longer putting out cold air--not sure if there would be a connection there or not. It may just need a re-charge. Thanks!

Thursday, August 18th, 2011 AT 11:55 AM
  • merlin2021

My advice is go to the shop a and have the guy drive it while you are in the car to point out the sound.

Thursday, August 18th, 2011 AT 12:31 PM