2000 Subaru Outback Fuel injectors control

SUBARU1
  • 2000 SUBARU OUTBACK

2000 Subaru Outback 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Manual 220000 miles

Is there anything other that the PCM that will cause the injectors not to open and close to supply gas to cyclinder. I have gas to the injectors but not to cyclinder. If I put gas into cyclinder it will fire. Is there a check to see if PCM is the problem?

Friday, July 10th, 2009 AT 8:49 PM

KHLOW2008

Hi subaru1,

Thank you for the donation.

The normal procedure is to confirm if the injectors are getting power supply when cranking. One of the injector wires should have voltage when cranking.

To test if the PCM is grounding the circuit, disconnect an injector wire connector and attach a noid light between the wireharness 2 pins. Crank engine and if noid light pulses, the PCM and circuit is ok.

If not, you would have to test the wire for continuity from injector to PCM.

Saturday, July 11th, 2009 AT 11:52 AM
SUBARU1

Thanks for the info on how to check the injector. My injectors were good. The problem was fuel pressure. In the fuel pump complete assembly there is a pressure chambe with a metal cap and O ring. One the tabs that hold the cap on was split from the manufacture and the system would not build enough pressure for the injectors.

Monday, July 13th, 2009 AT 3:34 PM
KHLOW2008

Good that you have solved your problem.

When fuel pressure drops, it would still show it presence at fuel rail and is often mistaken for a no fault situation.

Thank you for using 2carpros.

Monday, July 13th, 2009 AT 6:29 PM