OIL LEAK

Subaru

caoimhin

August, 18, 2007 AT 10:29 PM

Hi Guys,

Subaru L Series Wagon, 1985, 1.8 L, 245,000 klms. A few days ago my car started surging when I tried to excellerate. Now when I press the excellerator the car slows down and jumps. When I try to drive from stop it cuts out. I took it home and removed the air filter cover. The air filter was covered in oil as was the throttle body and carby. I sprayed carby cleaner as recommended and changed the air filter. Car runs but I fear if I drive it the oil will lak back onto the air filter. Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated.

Oil Leak From Engine

mhpautos

August, 19, 2007 AT 2:01 AM

Hi there,

The oil is due to the worn condition of your engine, your rings & cylinders are worn and excessive crankase pressure is forcing this oil in the form of a mist through the breathing system and as it cooles it condenses back into the oil that is collecting in the air cleaner. There is no simple fix short of rebuilding the engine, but in the short to medium term make sure that the oil is changed when due, keep the P.C, V. Valve clean and remove the air filter and clean any excessive oil deposits up befor it foules the filter. This is the normal signes of a worn engine, but it's not fatal in it's self, keep an eye on things and it should keep on keeping on for some time to come.

Mark (, mhpautos)

Removing Stripped Drain Plug
Replace Oil Pressure Sensor
Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla
Crankshaft Main Seal Replace - Front