FUEL PUMP?

Subaru

bob rieth

May, 12, 2007 AT 4:53 PM

I have a 96 Subaru Legacy L with a 2.7ltr engine. This winter the fuel pump went out. I had it replaced for $$$. Now it has died on the side of the road. There appears to be no power getting to the new fuel pump. Is there a fuel relay that might have died? If so, where is it located and how do I recognize it? The shop would be more then happy to trouble shoot the problem at $65.00 per hour!

Fuel Pump No Power

1 ANSWER

M_H_RITZEL

May, 13, 2007 AT 12:23 PM

The fuel pump relay is located in front of dreivers side, under dash, is mounted in the relay block.

bob rieth

May, 19, 2007 AT 6:01 PM

" I tried to buy a new fuel pump relay and both NAPA and Schucks say there is none on this make and model of Subaru. Any sugestions. There is no power getting to the fuel pump at all.&Quot;

M_H_RITZEL

May, 20, 2007 AT 9:59 AM

He is a diagram of location

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/54223_relays_subaru_1.jpg

bob rieth

May, 20, 2007 AT 2:47 PM

Wow, thanks! I also may have a solution that won't cost me anything. I talked to the owner of the repair shop and he said to bring the car back and they WILL trouble shoot it free of charge because it is under thier warentee. I will let you know how it goes.

Replace Fuel Pump Relay
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Replace Your Fuel Pump Relay - Easy Steps