LEGACY OUTBACK DIAGNOSIS

1996 Subaru

mountain_man_mike

June, 5, 2007 AT 6:40 PM

I own a 1996 Subaru Legacy Outback, 2.5L, automatic that is giving me problems. I connected an OBDII scanner and it showed 1) P0130 O2 circuit malfunction 2) P0400 EGR flow malfunction and 3) P0740 TCC Circuit malfunction. After writing down the codes I erased the codes and the check engine light went out. Also, the car drove like it should the entire 14 mile commute to work. At that point the check engine light came on again. When I connected the scanner again it displayed the same O2 circuit code, but no other codes. In as much as the codes reflect a problem with the circuit I am wondering if there might be a problem with the computer module. Any suggestions?

wrx246

July, 15, 2007 AT 8:17 PM

What is your car doing thats causing problems

thanks
sales@dargavilleprint. Co. Nz

mountain_man_mike

July, 16, 2007 AT 2:01 PM

The car has an extremely hard shift 1 to 2 and frequently, but not always downshifts at highway speeds. I took my car to the Subaru dealer and had them scan it, showing an O2 sensor, coolant temp sensor and tortuq converter clutch solenoid problem. I replaced att three components and the car drove like a dream, for about 20 miles. The check engine light reappeared and the same driving characteristics also reappeared. I am starting to think the onboard computer is out of whack. My eldest son did crack the car up several years ago, setting off the airbag. I did not replace the airbag due to the expense.

wrx246

July, 16, 2007 AT 2:48 PM

I'm picking your car is automatic?

I'll have a check in my subaru manuals & come back to you

if you have your email address I could proberly email you direct

my email is carlisa123@gmail. Com

thanks
carlisa

mountain_man_mike

July, 16, 2007 AT 2:56 PM

It is indeed an automatic, along with Legacy Outback, 2.5L to complete the description. I am wondering if the computer is bad or maybe a bad ground somewhere that might be causing a false reading.

wrx246

July, 16, 2007 AT 8:20 PM

Hello mike

check your email for one from me

thanks

carlisa