Still have power to the fuel pump relay and cruise control with key off

JOHNPS
  • 1992 FORD AEROSTAR
I have replaced the ECM, fuel pump relay, ignition switch, starter relay, alternator and key switch but it still drains the battery. What is the problem?
Tuesday, January 29th, 2019 AT 7:55 PM

SCGRANTURISMO
Hi Johnps, my name is Alex and I will be helping you.

You are having a parasitic draw issue. Here is a link along with a video at the end that will help you track your problem down. Let us know what you find out. Thanks. https://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-battery-dead-overnight
Wednesday, January 30th, 2019 AT 12:50 PM
JOHNPS
The problem I have does not involve accessories, the problem is that the power stays on to the fuel pump and the cruise control with the ignition off. I have replaced almost everything but haven't found the problem. Any suggestions?
Sunday, February 3rd, 2019 AT 2:19 PM
SCGRANTURISMO
Okay, it sounds to me like you have a short to power in the A/C circuit somewhere. The A/C and fuel pump do use the same circuit. I am sending you wiring diagrams for both. Let us know what you find out. Thanks.
Sunday, February 3rd, 2019 AT 5:42 PM