SOMETIMES WONT START.

2000 Pontiac Bonneville

buffedtwo

April, 24, 2013 AT 7:33 AM

Just resently started to have problems with my Bonneville starting up right away. After several tries I would wait a couple of minute athen it would start but after a back fire. Then when driving the car would start to hestiate and then cut off. It would start up again and then run fine. What could be causing this. My mechanic just changed my crankshaft sensor. But the problem still happens. But not all the time.

April, 24, 2013 AT 8:25 AM

Intermittent issues can be hard to track. You have to do some testing when the problem is ongoing. When the problem occurs, if it cranks good but won't start, have a helper crank it while you visually check for spark at the plugs. Go from there.

Can you check for applicable trouble codes? To check for codes, yourself, at the least, you need an obd2 code reader. Some of the national brand autostores will check codes for free, if a code sets.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang