Rear Side Door Trim Panel Replacement (Sedan/Wagon)
Caution: If energy absorber is removed or damaged it must be replaced with a new part. If omitted, the vehicle will not meet federal motor vehicle safety standards (FMVSS), subjecting the retailer to possible civil penalties for making the vehicle inoperative to the FMVSS, and increasing the risk of injury to the vehicle occupants.
1. Remove the fastener from the center of the inside door handle assembly.
2. Slide the door handle assembly forward while pulling outward from the trim panel.
3. Using a thin screwdriver, disengage the lock and latch rod from the retainers.
4. On manual window vehicles, using a standard window handle tool, disengage the manual window regulator handle clip and remove the window handle.
5. Open the access cover at the rear of the door trim panel and remove the door trim panel fastener.
6. Remove the door trim panel fasteners at the pull cup location.
7. Pull up on the door trim panel assembly to disengage the trim panel to door structure attaching hooks and remove the door trim panel.
1. Position the door trim panel to the door structure at the attaching hooks. Lock in the door trim panel by pushing downward on the door trim panel.
2. Install the door trim panel fasteners at the pull cup and at the rear of the door trim panel.
3. Close the access cover.
4. On manual window vehicles, install the manual window regulator handle clip on the handle.
5. Install the door handle onto the vehicle with the handle pointed in a forward and slightly upward position with the window closed.
6. Position the door handle assembly in the trim panel. Tip the handle outward at the top.
7. Using a thin hook style tool, lift the latch and lock rods into the trim panel and slide rearward to engage the tabs.
8. Install the screw in the handle.
There you go.
Please consider a to help us answer more questions.
Saturday, October 9th, 2010 AT 11:24 PM