1998 Saturn SL2 high idle

ALBERTAMABISCA
  • 1998 SATURN SL2
When started maintains 1900 rpm when driving and to a stop. After about 20 minutes or more it comes back down I took it to dealers they cleaned out throttlle body and reploaced a throttle body switch it and still accelerates. What could I do to fix it myself
Monday, July 5th, 2010 AT 1:44 PM

SATURNTECH9
Do you have any codes if you don't know then go to a auto part's store like auto zone and have them scan your car for code's and let me know what the numbers are. So they replaced the throttle postion sensor?Also have you had your idle air control valve cleaned?
Monday, July 5th, 2010 AT 4:05 PM
ALBERTAMABISCA
They replaced idle air control valve, cleaned throttle body bore and cleaned injectors they did not mentioned any codes that poped up. Still had the same problem in the morning for. It wasnt cheap!Should I try replacing ects sensor? Thank you very much
Monday, July 5th, 2010 AT 7:46 PM
SATURNTECH9
You can try the ects there only 10 make sure you get a brass tipped one the plastic tipped one's cracked. Also make sure you inspect the connector going to it if it's corroded replace the connector also. Let me know what you find.
Tuesday, July 6th, 2010 AT 11:29 PM
ALBERTAMABISCA
Well I replaced ects sensor now it idles alot better in cold starts but now when driving soemtimes it get stuck around 1900 rmp while in driving around and also when I come to a stop. And then it will run normal rpm. Its weird can you help me? What else I can do to try fix it? Thank you
Sunday, July 18th, 2010 AT 4:04 PM
SATURNTECH9
First of all thank you so much for your donation. Let's do this I know you said they didn't mention any code's but could you please go to a auto part's store like auto zone and see if they can pull any code's of your car?If you have any then let me know what the number's are. Also did you check your coolant temp sensor connector for being corroded when you changed the sensor?There is only a couple of thing's that cause's high idle's on that car. Have you checked for a vacuum leak on the car yet?
-1
Sunday, July 18th, 2010 AT 7:14 PM