2000 Saturn SL1 lights

• 1 POST
  • 2000 SATURN SL1

2000 Saturn SL1 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 80000 miles

I took out the trash and went to bed. My car was acting normal. I woke up, and went out the door to go to work. I found my headlights on, the switch was in the off position. The car started okay, but my dash illumination lights were dim. I tried turning them up, but as soon as I took my hand off the switch, they dimmed out again. When I got to work I had to disconnect the battery because I could not turn my headlights off. When I reconnected the battery, the headlights worked normally for a small while, then went back to always on. Also, the high beam indicator comes on, when the high beams are not on, and when they are on, the indicator light shows me having only my low beams on. The dash illumination still dims unless my hand is on the switch. Any ideas? All a part of the same problem, or three different problems that coincidentally started at the same time? I have no idea. I haven't touched anything but minor things in the last 6 to 7 years. But that is no longer economically feasible. So I really need a little advice. Thanx - Macatac

Monday, October 13th, 2008 AT 9:19 PM

• 2 POSTS

Hey, I've had a similar problem with my 2000 SL1. The high beams go on whenever they like. The always go on when I indicate either left or right. And often decide to just turn on of their own accord, even when the car is off and the lights are off. It kills my battery and is driving me nuts. Any luck with your problem? They seem related.

Thursday, January 7th, 2010 AT 11:52 PM