HEADLIGHTS WON'T TURN OFF.

2002 Saturn SL1

bigtlm

September, 22, 2010 AT 2:18 PM

2002 Saturn SL1 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 95000 miles

As I was diving on a smooth road the highbeam dash light came on and started blinking. I then noticed that the headlights were flashing between high and low. I turned off the headlight switch, but they stayed on and continued to flash. When I stopped the car and turned it off the headlights stayed on. I removed the fuses so the battery wouldn't run down. Can you help me figure out what's wrong? Thank You for your time. Terry

saturntech9

September, 22, 2010 AT 2:34 PM

Are you sure you have a S model saturn and not a LS model saturn?The mid sized saturn that is bigger then the S model?Because the problem you describe I have seen a lot on the LS model saturn but never on the S model saturn. Look at your registration card and see what model is listed on it. Let me know so I can get you the correct info.

bigtlm

September, 22, 2010 AT 5:44 PM

Yes, it's a sl1 model.

saturntech9

September, 23, 2010 AT 3:10 PM

Put the fuse back if the light's come on let me know if the high beam's are on with the head light switch off. Also if the high beam's stay on with the switch off move the arm back and fourth like your turn the high beam's off and on and see if the light's turn off or flash. You most likely have a bad head light switch.

Headlight Bulb Replacement GMC Yukon
Headlight Bulb Replacement Acura MDX
Headlight Bulb Replacement Volkswagen Jetta
Headlight Lens/Housing Replacement Mini