IGNITION COIL PACK

1998 Saturn SC2

wes4321

October, 25, 2009 AT 8:24 AM

1998 Saturn SC2 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 221000 miles

how do I go about doing a test on the coil pack. My saturn was running good then went out about 8 hr. Later will not start. Turns over good just sounds like it not getting any spark

Repair

saturntech9

October, 25, 2009 AT 11:35 AM

To test spark pull off two spark plug wires off the coil pack that are side by side have someone crank it over while u watch for spark jumping from tower to tower dont touch the car while its cranking if spark jumps then u have spark let me know what u find and ill give u the next step.I think I know what it is but we need to check spark first.
Louie

wes4321

October, 26, 2009 AT 5:49 AM

Coil pack is good checked it with meter thanks found out not getting fuel took off filter turned it on fuel pump not working now got to get tank off to change pump

saturntech9

October, 26, 2009 AT 2:30 PM

Did u make sure u had power and ground to the fuel pump before thinking it was bad.

wes4321

October, 26, 2009 AT 6:55 PM

Haven't got that far to check power it was running when I took to school but when I was ready to leave it would start. Done this once before. Wouldnt start but I let it set then got it started

saturntech9

October, 26, 2009 AT 8:21 PM

Did u check for spark when it didn't start they way I told u just because the coil ohms out doesn't mean the car has spark when it doesn't start.
Louie

Ignition Coil System Test Repair - All Cars
Ignition System Test Guide
Ignition Coil Replacement Ford Taurus