1998 SATURN SC2 IGNITION COIL PACK

• wes4321
  • 1998 Saturn SC2

1998 Saturn SC2 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 221000 miles

how do I go about doing a test on the coil pack. My saturn was running good then went out about 8 hr. Later will not start. Turns over good just sounds like it not getting any spark

Sunday, October 25th, 2009 AT 8:24 AM

• saturntech9

To test spark pull off two spark plug wires off the coil pack that are side by side have someone crank it over while u watch for spark jumping from tower to tower dont touch the car while its cranking if spark jumps then u have spark let me know what u find and ill give u the next step.I think I know what it is but we need to check spark first.
Louie

Sunday, October 25th, 2009 AT 11:35 AM
  • wes4321

Coil pack is good checked it with meter thanks found out not getting fuel took off filter turned it on fuel pump not working now got to get tank off to change pump

Monday, October 26th, 2009 AT 5:49 AM
  • saturntech9

Did u make sure u had power and ground to the fuel pump before thinking it was bad.

Monday, October 26th, 2009 AT 2:30 PM
  • wes4321

Haven't got that far to check power it was running when I took to school but when I was ready to leave it would start. Done this once before. Wouldnt start but I let it set then got it started

Monday, October 26th, 2009 AT 6:55 PM
  • saturntech9

Did u check for spark when it didn't start they way I told u just because the coil ohms out doesn't mean the car has spark when it doesn't start.
Louie

Monday, October 26th, 2009 AT 8:21 PM