* Do not allow smoking or the use of open flames in the area where work on the fuel system is taking place .
* Anytime the fuel system is being worked on, disconnect the negative battery cable, except for those tests where battery voltage is required .
1. Remove fuel tank, refer to Fuel Tank / Service and Repair .
2. Remove fuel pump module, refer to Fuel Tank Unit / Service and Repair .
3. Remove the two sending unit electrical connections with needle nose pliers or by pressing down the locking tab and pulling connector off the terminal.
3. Using a 1/4 inch flat tip screwdriver, push in on the sender assembly attachment tang and lift up on the sender. NOTE: The fuel pump assembly is only serviced as a module without the sender unit. The filter can be cleaned with mineral spirits, however, it cannot be replaced. The fuel pump module to tank O-ring must always be replaced whenever the module is removed from the fuel tank.
1. Position the sending unit tank in the locator slot and snap the unit into place.
2. Install the two electrical connectors. Pull back on connector without pressing tab to ensure connector is locked.
3. Install fuel pump module, refer to Fuel Tank Unit / Service and Repair .
4. Install fuel tank, refer to Fuel Tank / Service and Repair .