VEHICLE FAILED MIL/CHECK ENGINE LIGHT WARNI

1996 Saturn SC1

arporter

December, 16, 2009 AT 4:37 PM

1996 Saturn SC1 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

My car filed smog test with codes P0731, P0732, P0733 and P0734. Is this simply a lamp failure. How can I repair?

saturntech9

December, 17, 2009 AT 12:44 PM

Those are transmission codes there for no 1st 2nd 3rd or 4th gear they set if the transmission cant go into that gear or there is slip in that gear.I would say setting all four of ur gear codes u ethier have a pressure problem in the trans too low of pressure or u would have a hard shift if it the pressure was too high and u would have differnt codes or u have a electricial problem where ur not getting the power to energize the shift solindos. On a car with so many gear codes I have seen a bad pressure regulator in the valve body bad wires going to the valve body and also the grey 68 way if I remember correctly on the back of inside fuse box terminal f5 theres a big red wire that feeds the fuel pump and all the transmission actuators the terminal end where it goes to fuse box is open instead of being closed and causes intermintant connection. So it could be something simply like that or alot more complex I would have it looked at by someone that knows saturns I had a very well known transmission chain had a car that shifted hard rebuilt it for that problem and it still had the same problem brought it to me and it was a pressure control solindo so becareful where u bring it hope this helps.