OIL IN ENGINE SPARK PLUG AREA?

Saturn

needhelpbad94

June, 24, 2007 AT 9:23 AM

My car seems to have oil in where the spark plugs are in the engine. What could this possibly be?

It is a 1994 Saturn SL2 with 175,730 and its a 1.9 liter engine Automatic.

Celophanewrap

August, 17, 2007 AT 1:24 PM

Leaky valve cover gasket possibly

Little_Mo

November, 6, 2007 AT 6:52 PM

I saw this and thought " Finally! I've found what appears to be my problem!&Quot; I drive (when it runs) a 1999 Saturn SL2 with approximately 109,000 miles on it. Today, when I went to start it, the engine just made some sort of horrible, grating, clicking noise, and refused to start. My interior lights are dimming fast; I've lost my trunk interior light (and it was working fine yesterday, as was the car), which would seem to me like my battery is dying. A couple of weeks back I was told that I had a leaky valve cover gasket and that it would cost upwards of $150 to fix at the local shop, and that WOULDN'T fix the fact that the mechanic said my spark plugs are now mush due to the leaking oil. I don't have that sort of cash.

My questions are: how much would this cost, parts-wise, if I were to get them and find a friend to help me out in fixing it, and secondly, how hard IS the venture I'm looking to get into? I HAVE to have this fixed. The car no longer runs now. Please help! Thanks again!

Little_Mo

EDIT: Just adding a few things about the car. As I said, it's a 1999 Saturn SL2 with approximately 109,000 miles on it. It's an automatic. It had its oil changed and other fluids topped up about two weeks ago and that was when I was notified about the mushy spark plugs and the leak. Since I don't know where the problem actually IS, I can't take any pictures of it. Sorry. If there's anything anyone can do to help, I'd really appreciate it.

Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230