LOTS OF WHITE SMOKE FROM MY EXHAUST

1999 SAAB 9-5

otiman69

February, 19, 2008 AT 4:57 PM

Engine problem
1999 Saab 9-5 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 115200 miles

Hey thanks for reading my question I have a 1999 saab 9-5 and I just bought it and it is giving me problems. When I started up my car and was heating it up in the garage white smoke started coming out of the exhaust so I closed the door and opened my other door so the smoke can go out. Five minutes later when I went back to check on it the whole garage was full of smoke. And also when I go in reverse and I turn my wheel it makes a loud popping sound. I think I know what it is but I would like to know from you if it's the same thing. But the smoke is what really concerns me. Thank you for your time

Jack42

February, 19, 2008 AT 5:43 PM

Does the smoke have a sweet smell? Might want to have it chemical tested for a blown head gasket. Teh popping, could be a number of things, need to lift and support front end so you can pry around a little to see if anything is bad

mnthny4

June, 11, 2008 AT 10:00 PM

You have a failed turbo unit sorry to say, as per your popping sound check front lower control arms rear bushings big round ones almost looking like a mount check if rubber is torn, check with wheels off the ground or check if loose or look rusted at center holding nut.

Replacing Head Gasket
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla