2001 SAAB 9-3 repair Question No start

• 2 POSTS
  • 2001 SAAB 9-3

2001 Saab 9-3 repair Question 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 113000 miles

This car is nightmare. I put an a/c compressor in about a week ago. In my home garage so you know how far I had to dig. Car has sit for ~4-5 months. So last fuel I put in it was in summer months.

Anyways I put a new battery in on sunday night. Car ran great. Drove it today on a long run about 45 miles. Go to get back in the car and I only get the click from the solenoid. It is in a parking lot and I need to move it. I think it is probably the solenoid itself but wanted to see if anyone else had thoughts. Also when I was waiting for a ride to pick me up I checked all fuses. 1 fuse under the dash that said on the box ac/acc was blown I believe that was the one.

Any help?

Thursday, December 24th, 2009 AT 3:02 AM

• 616 POSTS

Check your battery cable both at the battery positive post & at the starter motor, starter motor end may be loose, u can also jump start right at the starter motor if u know how to, & this check is only if u r just getting clicking & providing that your battery is good & the alternator is charging, good luck, post back after u check positive cable.

Thursday, December 24th, 2009 AT 10:48 AM