SILVER SPUR STARTING PROBLEMS

Rolls Royce Rolls Royce

zain bilgrami

August, 11, 2007 AT 5:47 PM

I have a silver spur III 1995 model done 75000 km, it has a very strange problem three out of ten times the car refuses to start after I have used the car and the engine is warm, and when this happens I can smell a lot of unburnt fuel from the exhaust and the car refuses to start, if I leave the car for 5 to 6 hours she starts in just a crank.I have also noticed that my car normally runs rich.
I did a experiment when the car died on me the last time, I pulled out the fuel pump relay and tried to start the car it took a few cranks but she started giving out a lot of black smoke.
I live in India and have no access to a service center or dealer and till date managed to look after the car with help and advice from people over the net.I would be highly grateful if someone could advice me as to where I should start looking for the problem

wraith

August, 12, 2007 AT 9:59 AM

1. DON'T start poking around the HT circuit with screwdrivers, a dangerous activity. The ignition is ok or the car would not run at all.

Your symptoms indicate over fuelling, it won't start when warm because it seem to be treating the engine as cold. The most likely culprit is the injection system coolant water temperature sensor. This is a Bosch part and none too dependable, but not expensive, $20 or so, and easily changed. Try changing it for a new one. Hope this helps. FW

zain bilgrami

August, 13, 2007 AT 7:15 AM

Thank you for the feedback would you be able to tell me where tis sensor is located in the car

zain bilgrami

August, 14, 2007 AT 3:56 AM

Thanks mate I think I have managed to solve the problem, I had the wiring loom to the thermostst body changed in doing so the connectors for two sensors seem to be interchanged I reversed them and She does not seem to be running rich HOPE It W : ) ORKS interchanged

Thank you for the feedback would you be able to tell me where tis sensor is located in the car[/quote: ab2dcc89fc]

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Pressure Test