Rodent chewed up bunch of wires now ABS lights on

ALEXSCRUFF
  • 2006 MAZDA 6
A rodent made a nest and chewed up wires to my transmission speed sensor and knock sensor which gave me a bunch of error codes/lights on my dash.
Mechanic fixed knock sensor and transmission speed sensor, But ABS, Traction and slippery light are all still on.
Having a hard time finding an ABS code reader.
Any ideas what's going on?
Thursday, May 21st, 2020 AT 11:33 PM

ASEMASTER6371
Good morning

What is the code that was set? That will help narrow the area of failure for me to help you.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/abs-warning-light-on-easy-repair-guide

Where are the wires that are chewed up for the ABS? Can you post a picture for me of the harness?

Sunday, May 24th, 2020 AT 3:51 AM
ALEXSCRUFF
HI Roy
Thanks for responding back to me
Code for knock sensor was P0328
And code for transmission speed sensor was P0715
Mechanic says both wiring to knock sensor and transmission speed sensor were all chewed up (sorry don't have a pic)
All I know is exactly at the same time ABS and Traction warning lights also came on, And are still on. He is thinking it's a wheel speed sensor?

Thanks And have a fun and safe holiday

Alex
Sunday, May 24th, 2020 AT 5:43 PM
ASEMASTER6371
Thanks.

There is a fault code stored in the ABS and must be read before guessing about anything.

The 328 is for the knock sensor. The easy way of checking it is to have a scan tool hooked up with the engine idling. Monitor the timing on the scan tool. Take a small hammer and tap the top of the motor, if the sensor is working, you will see the timing change 4 degrees to the retarded side.

The 715 is for the input speed sensor. Did he verify the sensor was sending a signal the the ECM?

I hope he did not use butt connectors for the wiring repair. They are not solid connections.

I attached flow charts for you as well.

Monday, May 25th, 2020 AT 5:55 AM

Sponsored links