2005 RENAULT SCENIC CHECK GEARBOX MESSAGE COMING UP

• leon1938
  • 2005 Renault Scenic

2005 Renault Scenic 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 43000 miles

Dear Team,

on occasions when driving there is a slight jolt of the car and then the check gearbox message appears, also after slowing down and stopping, on accelerating the engine revs are higher than normal to gain speed and also I find it will not change into fourth gear. If I stop and remove keycard then start the car again all warnig lights go out and message has gone and the car drives nomally, changes gear as nomal through the gears. This remains for a time then the symtons retun. I have had the car put on a diagnostic machine and was told that a camshaft sensor fault was recorded. I had the sensor replaced but it has not cured the problem. Can youy help

Regards J Coomber

Sunday, April 25th, 2010 AT 4:10 PM

• Dave H

This is an electrical issue on the transmission, as it appears then disapears .. some code scanners do not pick up transmission codes .. have the vehcle plugged into renaults diagnostic scanner .. it could be just a faulty sensor needs replacing .. also have the TPS (throttle position sensor) checked, it could be sticking giving the transmission false signals

hope this helps

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_AAA2_1137.png

Monday, April 26th, 2010 AT 4:08 AM