LOW IDLE

2003 Renault Scenic

Jarhead

July, 7, 2009 AT 2:14 PM

2003 Renault Scenic Manual

Hello, I have a 1.4 renault scenic, 16v 2003 (fidji)

I was having a problem with low idling and it was sluggish and making a noise, A guy who is handy with cars I know fitted me new plugs and coil packs, This has sorted the sluggish and the sound but it is still idling at around 500,

Do you have any advice on what I can do, I am not the best mechanic in the world and need things uber simplified but I spent all my money on the car so can't afford a mechanic.

I picked the car up and ran it home fine, I went for a driv with my wife and kids the same night and did around 150 miles, the problems started the following day

Many Thanks

Dave H

July, 8, 2009 AT 4:46 AM

The idle speed is computer controlled and cannot be adjusted ... 500 RPM tick over is not excessively low in this vehicle it is only a 1.4 litre engine .. you will probably find the start up tick over adjust's itself in colder weather !!.. are there any other fault's/symptoms with the vehicle ?

let me know

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_AAA2_857.png

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars