2003 RENAULT MEGANE

• EdenRae
  • 2003 Renault Megane

Steering problem
2003 Renault Megane V8 Two Wheel Drive Manual 64000 miles

I have just had an MOT, I do not know if its related but there is a noise coming from the front drivers side wheel area. I notice that there is a clanning noise when I turn the steering wheel. I would appreicate any advisce.

Thursday, February 26th, 2009 AT 7:05 AM

• Dave H

Does the noise occur when you are driving down the road or turning corners? Or does it clank even with the car stood still?

Thursday, February 26th, 2009 AT 8:47 AM
  • EdenRae

It happens when I am going round corners and when I am moving the steering wheel when the car is stood still

Thursday, February 26th, 2009 AT 8:50 AM
  • Dave H

It is possible a bush or ball joint is worn. They should have noticed this on the MOT. I would take the vehicle back to garage and have them check this out. A diagnosis of the fault should not cost you anything? If you wish to do the repair yourself. Repost when you have the diagnosis for more help or your local library should be able to supply a manual for the vehicle !

Thursday, February 26th, 2009 AT 8:58 AM
  • EdenRae

I will take the car back to the garage who did the MOT, I really appreciate your help.

Thanks very much

Thursday, February 26th, 2009 AT 9:09 AM
  • Dave H

No problem. Anytime you need more assistance we are here to help. Have a good day

Thursday, February 26th, 2009 AT 9:14 AM