REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY SYSTEM NOT WORKING

• mallavaram
  • 2006 Toyota Camry
  • automatic

My remote key less entry stopped working. After 1-2 weeks it worked one day morning.
After that remote keyless entry not working.
I'm not able to lock/unlock using car remote keys.
I checked the fuses. Fuses are fine.

Can you please tell me what could be the problem. Location of the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) receiver.
How to open that location.

Thanks in advance.

venu

Friday, July 18th, 2014 AT 6:36 PM

• hmac300

Check battery in remote first then have an autoparts see if remote is working or not. It will then need to be scanned for codes by a pro to see wha ti s wrong with system.

Saturday, July 19th, 2014 AT 5:03 AM
  • mallavaram

Thanks for ur response.

I checked battery in remote. It showed 3 volts. Still I went ahead and replaced the battery in remote. Tried programming the remote keys. Nothing helped.
In forums I read that if I go to dealer/mechanic they will charge 100-200$ for diagnose the issue.
If I know the location of Remote control receiver in the car I want to check if it is easy to do DIY way.

Saturday, July 19th, 2014 AT 4:46 PM
  • hmac300

The only way you'll find out what si wrong is by scanning it thereis no way to diagnose this as it may not even be the receiver. But you guys all think you can repair your car for free so it's in the pic.

Saturday, July 19th, 2014 AT 4:55 PM