I had lost my keyless entry remote fob and bought a used one from ebay.
The fob came with programming instructions, but no matter what I do or how many times I have tried them my car will NOT go into a programming mode by cycling power locks at the end of the sequence.
I had verified the procedure to be correct with many other internet cites
I had also disconnected the battery for few hours to hopefully reset the system in order to get it to work, but it didn't change anything
My problem has nothing to do with the replacement remote because I didn't even get to attempting to program it. The keyless entry system does NOT go into a programing mode
Here are the instructions that I have been trying to use: (the locks don't cycle in step #7)
1. Start with
a. No key in ignition
b. Driver's door unlocked
c. All other doors locked
d. Driver's door open
2. Insert key into ignition and remove
3. Press lock, pause, unlock (2 second total cycle) 5 times
4. Close, then open driver's door
5. Repeat lock, pause, unlock cycle 5 additional times
6. Insert key into ignition and turn from lock to "on" two
times (pause in
each location 1 second). (Note: "ON" not accessory position)
7. Remove key from ignition
Locks should cycle twice. If not, start over.
8. Press lock and unlock buttons on transmitter
simultaneously for 1-2
seconds then release
9. Press lock and unlock buttons on transmitter again
for 1-2 seconds then release
10. Press lock alone for 1 second, then release
Locks should cycle once
11. Close Driver's door to exit program mode.
have the same problem?
Tuesday, October 15th, 2013 AT 9:33 AM