The A/C air is not blowing cold on hot days

TOM CARUSO
  • 2003 HONDA PILOT
With A/C on high and engine running the gauge fluctuates between 15 PSI and 45 PSI (max range showing R-134a level is good) every 30 seconds. Example compressor on running fans are turning gauge reads 15 PSI. Compressor off, fans not turning gauge reads 45 PSI (max R-134a level). Should I add R-134a? Do not what to overcharge system. No way of taking it out. Recharging the PSI system with AutoZone Sure Bilt PSI gauge.
Friday, June 10th, 2022 AT 9:00 AM

Hi Tom,

By any chance, do you know what the high-pressure side is reading, and could you let me know what the outside temperature was when testing?

It sounds like you are low on freon, but if I knew the high side pressure, which would help me confirm. If both sides are low when it is operating, then I would say it needs to be charged. If the low side stays low and the high side is too high, then there is likely a blockage in the orifice.

Take a look through this link and let me know if anything helps:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-air-conditioner-not-working-or-is-weak

Let me know.

Friday, June 10th, 2022 AT 9:18 PM

Sponsored links