Rear window wiper is not working

KJEEP
  • 2012 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE
I have found no voltage at the plug in at the motor and no power for that fuse after taking the fuse out which was good. Fuse is #24.
The rear wiper started to stop once in a while then got stuck in the up position.
Sunday, February 9th, 2020 AT 5:46 PM

JOETECHPRO
Hey KJEEP,

I have attached the wiring diagram for the system to this message.

Can you please check all fuses in the under hood fuse box (TIPM)?

If you have no power at either side of fuse 24 with the ignition on and rear wiper switched on you may have a problem with the TIPM.

Do you have access to a scan tool?
Do all other functions work on the steering wheel multi-function switch work ie front wipers and lights?

If you can check with scan tool as to the status of the rear wiper switch input and rule out a multi-function switch issue, the relay for the rear wiper motor power is integral to the TIPM.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have further questions.

Regards, Joe
Sunday, February 9th, 2020 AT 10:44 PM
MATTGAK
I have a 2013 Grand Cherokee. No power at the clip to the rear motor. Fuse is good. I however am not a mechanic but not a complete moron. However, I can't read those darn prints. Any other way of describing my next step here? Thanks in advance.
Tuesday, February 18th, 2020 AT 11:45 PM
JOETECHPRO
Hey MATTGAK,

A quick and easy test would be to remove the trunk panel so that you can access the motor.

Close the trunk/glass and turn on the rear wiper.

Tap the rear wiper motor lightly with a hammer. You are aiming to shock it to move it off of the part of the motor that is burnt out.

Does the motor start to operate?

If so it is a motor problem and I would advise replacing the motor.

Let us know how you go with this test.

Regards, Joe
Thursday, February 20th, 2020 AT 12:32 PM

Sponsored links