Welcome to 2CarPros.
On this vehicle, this is a big job. Many tools will be required. Here are the directions for removal and replacement. All of the pictures correlate with the directions.
REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
1. Remove the instrument panel lower trim cover.
2. Remove the steering column lower trim panel.
3. Remove the steering column reinforcement panel.
4. Remove the universal joint pinch bolt.
5. CAUTION: Do not rotate the steering wheel when the lower steering column shaft is disconnected, or damage to the air bag sliding contact will result.
Remove the bolt at the intermediate shaft-to-steering gear coupling. Slide the shaft upward to remove from the steering gear.
6. Slide the intermediate shaft downward to remove from the steering column.
7. Remove the steering column opening weather seal.
8. Loosen the retaining screw, and disconnect the engine compartment wiring harness.
9. Remove the bolt and position the upper motor mount out of the way.
10. Remove the ground strap retaining screw.
11. Raise the vehicle.
12. Remove the wheels.
13. Remove the cotter pins and nuts at the tie rod ends.
14. Separate the tie rods from the knuckles, using a suitable puller.
15. Disconnect the height sensors.
16. Disconnect the Heated Oxygen Sensor (HEGO).
17. Remove the catalytic converter inlet pipe retaining nuts (front).
18. Remove the catalytic converter inlet pipe retaining nuts (rear).
19. Remove the catalytic converter outlet flange retaining bolts and nuts.
20. Remove the support bracket retaining bolt and the catalytic converter.
21. Remove the bolts, nuts and subframe insulator braces.
22. Remove the steering gear nuts.
23. Support the subframe, using a suitable jack.
24. Remove the subframe retaining bolts (rear).
25. Loosen the subframe bolts (front).
26. Lower the lift.
27. Remove the pushpins and the heat shield.
28. Remove the screws and the heat shield bracket.
29. Disconnect the wiring at the steering gear.
30. Note: The steering gear must be rotated to clear the bolt from subframe and pulled to the left to access the power steering lines.
Disconnect the pressure and return lines at the steering gear.
31. Remove the steering gear through the left fender opening.
32. CAUTION: There is a check valve located under the hollow bolt that attaches the VAPS pressure block to the steering gear. Failure to install this valve, dome side up, can affect system operation.
If replacing the steering gear, transfer usable parts to the replacement gear.
1. Position the steering gear in the vehicle.
2. Replace the return line connector seal and the pressure line connector seal.
Use the Seal Replacer to install the seals over the fittings.
3. Connect the pressure and return lines.
4. Position the steering gear on the subframe, and install the retaining nuts.
5. Connect the wiring at the steering gear.
6. Position the heat shield bracket, and install the retaining screws.
7. Position the heat shield, and install the pushpins.
8. Raise the lift.
9. Install the subframe bolts (front).
10. Install the subframe bolts (rear).
11. Remove the lift.
12. Position the subframe insulator braces, and install the retaining bolts.
13. Position the catalytic converter, and install the support bracket retaining bolt.
14. Install the nuts at the exhaust inlet pipe (rear).
15. Install the nuts at the exhaust inlet pipe (front).
16. Install the exhaust flange bolts and nuts.
17. Connect the HEGO sensor wiring.
18. Connect the height sensors.
19. Connect the tie rods, and install the retaining nuts.
20. Install the tie rod end cotter pins.
21. Install the wheels.
22. Lower the vehicle.
23. Position the ground strap, and install the retaining screw.
24. Connect the wiring harness.
25. Install the upper motor mount.
26. Install the weather seal.
27. Install the steering column intermediate shaft.
28. Install the pinch bolt in the intermediate shaft to gear coupling.
29. Install the pinch bolt in the intermediate shaft to column coupling.
30. Install the steering column reinforcement panel.
31. Install the steering column lower trim panel.
32. Install the instrument panel lower trim cover.
33. Fill and leak check the system.
34. Check and, if necessary, adjust the wheel alignment.
Let me know if this is what you needed.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Sunday, June 23rd, 2019 AT 12:05 AM