2005 PONTIAC VIBE CODE P0031 BANK 1 SENSOR 1 HEATER CIRCUIT

• Mileage Master Automotive
  • 2005 Pontiac Vibe

Noises problem
2005 Pontiac Vibe 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 052852 miles

Verified all PCM powers and grounds, cleaned and ran all new body, chassis, and pcm grounds, verified operating voltages at 02 sensor and at the PCM under load. Replaced PCM with new dealer unit and reflashed, installed new oxygen sensors, verified all circuit connections, unplugged everything else that shares the heater ciruit wires and through it all we still keep getting code P0031 reoccuring after only one trip and within sixty seconds even though it is supposed to be a two trip fault code. Voltages and fault code occurence is exactly the same with the new computer and oxygen sensors as with the old parts.15.00

Tuesday, January 27th, 2009 AT 12:24 PM

• jnovack
  • 733 posts

What I come up with in my manuals is to check the camshaft and crank sensors also make sure 02 sensor wasn't dropped if it was it's no good also that the 02 sensor isn't a universal were you have to cut the old plug off old sensor they loose voltage thruogh the splice

Tuesday, January 27th, 2009 AT 1:13 PM