WE HAVE A 94 TRANSPORT AT AROUND 160000 THAT WE ...

1994 Pontiac Transport

deevee

Hi,
We have a '94 Transport at around 160,000 that we have been really happy with, but recently, we've been having problems that are bringing us to the verge craziness.

It began about a month or so ago stalling occasionally. It would re-start no problem and we'd be on our way. Then it started to give us a problem re-starting; we assumed after all the re-starts, the battery was weak, and when confirmed by the garage, we replaced the battery. For the last two weeks, it been stalling when running (including once on the highway at 60mph!), Sometimes will re-start, sometimes requires towing. It's been spending more time in the garage than I can calculate.

Diagnostics have been done and the results were inconclusive but we did agree to replacing the battery, cam and crank shaft sensors, and computer (because it seemed those were the most likely culprits). The problem still exists. The garage tells us they cannot resolve it since they can't replicate it in shop (in fact, they haven't even succeeded in replicating it in a test drive although I seem to have no problem having it stall whenever I drive it off the lot!).

We could go on forever replacing parts, which is futile in a vehicle this old; the next suggestions seem to be the modules, coils, fuel pump.

Has anyone seen this before and actually been able to resolve it?

Thanks!

deevee

Jack42

I would start with the fuel pump.

deevee

Hi there,
Thanks for the reply. Actually, they did think of the fuel pump, but said though it was reading a little low, it seemed to be functioning fine. I'm not sure exactly what that means.

As it is now, the vehicle is still sitting at the mechanic's in hopes that they can replicate. : -/

Oh, by the way, I didn't mention in the first message, it's a 3800, if that matters.

Deevee

rjohn10558

February, 26, 2006 AT 7:37 PM

And it probably happens when you hit the brake to goto a garage and tell them to unplug the TCC Plug on the transmission this will fix your problem " transmission control clutch.&Quot; most will do it free of charge and they can explain what it does and what unplugs it does.
Rob johnson
kc8yho@yahoo. Com

mvannessjr

February, 26, 2006 AT 9:47 PM

This is not a TCC problem. Disconnecting that switch does not do anything on your vehicle but disable the cruise control. I'd look at the fuel pump as the culprit.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz