2008 Pontiac Torrent brake lights dont work

JAXONSMOMMA
  • 2008 PONTIAC TORRENT

Brakes problem
2008 Pontiac Torrent 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 52000 miles

my third tail brake light works, the turn signals and taillights work but by brake lights do not work. What up?

Sunday, September 13th, 2009 AT 6:02 AM

Welcome to the site. Check stoplamp fuse 27--15 amp in the power distribution center under the hood, Also use a testlite and check that the fuse circuit is hot, when you step on the brake.

-1
Sunday, September 13th, 2009 AT 9:22 AM
JAXONSMOMMA

I checked the fuses and nothing. The third break light works but the two tail light break lights do not work when I push in the break. The work with everything else tho. What is causing this?

Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 AT 12:28 PM

If your saying there is no voltage at the stop lamp fuse, then check the circuits at the stop lamp relay.

+2
Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 AT 3:50 PM
GHENGIS1210

I am having the exact same problem with a 2006 torrent. The fuses are not numbered but all the fuses that have power have it on both sides. Totally confused please help

-1
Friday, March 19th, 2010 AT 9:31 AM

Underhood fuse box diagram is located below. If voltage to brake fuse checks out, I'd have to check voltage to and from the brake switch. I just wanted to add, your owners manual should have given the fuse labels?

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/170934_torrent_underhood_fuse_block_1.jpg

+2
Friday, March 19th, 2010 AT 11:14 AM