BRAKE LIGHTS DONT WORK

2008 Pontiac Torrent

jaxonsmomma

September, 13, 2009 AT 6:02 AM

Brakes problem
2008 Pontiac Torrent 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 52000 miles

my third tail brake light works, the turn signals and taillights work but by brake lights do not work. What up?

September, 13, 2009 AT 9:22 AM

Welcome to the site. Check stoplamp fuse 27--15 amp in the power distribution center under the hood, Also use a testlite and check that the fuse circuit is hot, when you step on the brake.

jaxonsmomma

September, 15, 2009 AT 12:28 PM

I checked the fuses and nothing. The third break light works but the two tail light break lights do not work when I push in the break. The work with everything else tho. What is causing this?

September, 15, 2009 AT 3:50 PM

If your saying there is no voltage at the stop lamp fuse, then check the circuits at the stop lamp relay.

ghengis1210

March, 19, 2010 AT 9:31 AM

I am having the exact same problem with a 2006 torrent. The fuses are not numbered but all the fuses that have power have it on both sides. Totally confused please help

March, 19, 2010 AT 11:14 AM

Underhood fuse box diagram is located below. If voltage to brake fuse checks out, I'd have to check voltage to and from the brake switch. I just wanted to add, your owners manual should have given the fuse labels?

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/170934_torrent_underhood_fuse_block_1.jpg

DRL Light Bulb Replacement
Reverse Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Fog Light Bulb Replacement w/ H.I.D Kit
Fog Light Bulb Replacement Mini Cooper
Headlight Bulb Replacement GMC Yukon