1998 Pontiac Sunfire no clue

NICERIDES555
  • 1998 PONTIAC SUNFIRE
1998 Pontiac Sunfire 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual

i have a 98 sunfire I put a new alternater and a new battery my alternater will not charge even when the car is on I tun the car on and the battery just drains out I took the alternater back and got another one and still the same thing what else could be the problem for the alternater not charging I was told it could be a parasitic drain but I had it tested and thats not the problem
Monday, September 6th, 2010 AT 1:12 PM

SATURNTECH9

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/416332_1998_pontiac_sunfire_charging_circuit_1.jpg

At the alternator with the key in the run position see if you have battery voltage at the red wire on the B+ terminal and battery voltage at the red wire on the L terminal.Let me know what you find.
Monday, September 6th, 2010 AT 1:21 PM
SATURNTECH9
You said that the wire from the starter to the alternator was bad.I hope you used a fuse able link in that new wire. There was one you can see it in the diagram I posted if you don't put one back in then if the alternator ever fail's in the future you could have a fire.
Monday, September 6th, 2010 AT 9:22 PM
NICERIDES555
Yes I used a fusable link cable it was a little thicker than the original but it seems to work just fine now but there's still one thing tho when I shift my car in first, second and third its fine when its in forth it putts a bit wile im on the gas at first I thought fuel filter got a new one ran a fuel line test all my injecters are fine and so are my gas line and relay could it be the feul pump or somthing else for fuel pressure I thaught it was the alternater and battery not working makeing it drive like that but with the new battery and alternatter giving full charge it has to be fuel related bc I also have new spark plugs, wires, cap, and coil so its not a miss in the engine.
Tuesday, September 7th, 2010 AT 7:01 AM
SATURNTECH9
What do you mean when you say when its in forth it putts a bit wile im on the gas at first?
Tuesday, September 7th, 2010 AT 1:52 PM
NICERIDES555
Yea it seems like it losses fuel pressure or somthing like its not getting anough gas after I shift ill step on the gas and it will put ill make a pictue the. Is the regular flow and the hbhrbb is the putter heres how it goes first shift second shift third shift forth. Bhbhbhb. Bhbbh. Bhhbhhb. Shift to fith
Tuesday, September 7th, 2010 AT 4:41 PM
SATURNTECH9
Alright so it's cutting out you could check and see what your fuel pressure is when it's cutting out. That would be a good start.
Tuesday, September 7th, 2010 AT 4:55 PM
NICERIDES555
How would I do that? It has to be driving in fourth gear I had a shop tell me they did the test and told me the fulinjecters are fine my gas line is fine I have a new feul filter on it so they said thats not the broblem but it still putts
Tuesday, September 7th, 2010 AT 8:25 PM
SATURNTECH9
Did they check to see what your fuel pressure was?If so what was it?
Tuesday, September 7th, 2010 AT 8:30 PM